The ICT 2010 was organised by the European Commission's Directorate-General for Information Society and Media. It was hosted by the Belgian Presidency of the European Union and took place at Brussels Expo from 27 to 29 September 2010.
It gathered around 5000 researchers, innovators and influencers whose focus are on policy priorities such as Europe's Digital Agenda and the 2011-2012 financial programme (€2.8 billion) of the European Union for funding research and innovation in ICT.
The ENIAC Joint Undertaking actively participated in ICT 2010 by having a booth in the Information Booths area, by co hosting a Networking Session with ARTEMIS, and by hosting an Information Session.
The agenda of the Information Session that took place on September 29 from 10.15 to 11.15 highlighted the importance of nanoelectronics for Europe and the role of the ENIAC JU in ensuring European competitiveness in this domain:
- ENIAC Joint Undertaking: taking the public-private partnerships to the new level - Yves Gigase, Programme Manager, ENIAC JU
- Nanoelectronics: a key enabling technology in global competition - Marcel Annegarn, General Director AENEAS and Lead Delegate in the ENIAC JU Governing Board
- National and European priorities in nanoelectronics - Ben Ruck, Chairman of the - ENIAC JU Public Authorities Board
- A new way to a bright future? - Dirk Beernaert, European Commission, Head of Unit nanoelectronics
The Networking Session "Building Bridges for Sustainable Innovation in Europe” took place on September 28 from 9.00 to 10.30; the aim of the event was to discuss how the R&D community can increase its visibility as a key contributor to European well-being and how it can participate more effectively in publicly funded programmes.
- The Joint Undertakings – Alun Foster, Programme Manager ARTEMIS-JU
- ProSE, Standardisation Speeding-up time-to-market – Laila Gide, Director Advanced Studies Europe in THALES Corporate Research and Technology
- Vision of Electromobility from patches to connected projects - Reiner John, Infineon Technologies AG
- Breakout groups